FAQ – Fine Art Prints – Frequently Asked Questions
Want to purchase fine art prints online but have some questions… Here are some of the most frequently asked questions regarding the purchase of our online fine art prints, images, photographs and digital art posters.
-Who handles your fine art prints fulfillment?
Our fine art prints are handled and fulfilled by Fine Art America. They are our number one Print On Demand (POD) outfit. They are the largest online art site in the world.
-What kind of collections do you offer as fine art prints?
Our fine art photographs and image art prints for online sale consists a various themes, such as: New York City (NYC) prints, 911 Tributes and Memorials prints, World Trade Center prints, Washington DC prints, Grand Central Terminal prints, Cityscape prints, Floral prints, Bridges prints, Leonard P. Zakim Bunker Hill bridge prints, City and Skyline prints, Landscapes and Seascape prints, Animal prints, Architecture prints, Avian/Birds, Ducks and Raptor prints, Baseball prints, Black and White prints, Boston, Massachusetts prints, Cape Cod and Provincetown prints, Carnivals and Fairs prints, Cars and Emblems prints, Castle prints, Churches, Basilica and Monasteries prints, Christmas and Holiday Prints, Colorful prints, Digitally Enhanced & Image Art prints, Fireworks prints, Graffiti Art prints, Horses and Western Details prints, Lighthouse prints, New Jersey prints, Maine prints, Maryland prints, New England prints, Pennsylvania prints, Spain prints, This and That prints, Vintage and Antiques prints, Food and Drinks, Landmarks and Iconic prints, Nautical prints, Abandoned Places prints, Urban prints, Street prints, Cityscape Panoramas print, Pets prints, Still Life and Abstract prints, Transportation prints, Waterfalls and Streams prints, Home Decor prints, Inspirational prints, Scenery prints, Water and Liquid Art prints and more. Visit our Fine Art Print Collections to browse through the different Galleries and search for your perfect photographs or images.
-What options are available for fine art prints?
All of our fine art prints use acid-free papers with archival inks to guarantee that your prints last a lifetime without fading or loss of color.
Our fine art prints are offered as:
- Standard Art Prints and Posters – rolled in a tube
- Framed Prints – ready to hang
- Canvas Prints
- Acrylic Prints
- Metal Prints
- Greeting Cards
- iPhone and Galaxy Phone Cases
You can also visit our About Fine Art Prints page for further descriptions and information to help you choose what print options are right for you and best fit you decorating needs.
-What paper (media) options are available and which one should I choose?
Our fine art prints are available in the following paper choices:
- Premium Archival Matte Paper – Long-lasting and versatile, this heavyweight matte finish paper is engineered for high contrast and crisp reproduction of high resolution images. Premium Archival Matte is a neutral white paper ideal for black-and-white photography and a variety of fine art applications. It is acid-free for archival longevity.
- Glossy Photo Paper – For luxuriant depth and vivid color, reproduce your photographs on this ultra-gloss finish. The neutral tone, high D-Max, and ink saturation make photo papers an outstanding choice for giclee reproductions.
- Luster Photo Paper – This happy medium is preferred by portrait photographers for its cheerful sheen. The luster finish also has a delicate sparkle that makes images of water scintillate. The neutral tone, high D-Max, and high ink saturation make photo papers an outstanding choice for giclee reproductions.
- Semi-Matte Photo Paper – Artists and photographers alike love this paper for its understated semi-matte finish, optimized for maximum presentation quality with minimum glare. The neutral tone, high D-Max, and high ink saturation make photo papers an outstanding choice for giclee reproductions.
- Picture Rag – Popular among photographers for its exceptional black-and-white imagery, Cool Tone Picture Rag also holds incredibly vivid and true colors. Cool Tone Picture Rag is an acid-free paper made from 100% cotton rag.
- Somerset Velvet – This radiant white paper offers vivid color reproduction and deep, rich blacks for amazing contrast. With a texture that gently softens the overall effect, it adds an extra hint of warmth to reproductions of oils and pastels and a softer edge to photography. Somerset Velvet is a 100% cotton rag paper, making it perfect for conservation quality projects.
- Watercolor Paper – The textured finish and satisfying weight of this fine art watercolor paper provides an authentic look and feel for reproductions of watercolor art — or, use it to add an interesting natural texture to photography and digital media. Collectors who like to handle the print out of frame will appreciate this paper’s rigidity and surface feel. Watercolor Paper is a neutral-toned, acid-free paper made from 100% cotton rag.
- Metallic Paper – Metallic paper prints are a budget-friendly way to create modern wall art. Metallic paper provides an exceptionally vibrant print with the shine and shimmer of metal. This highly durable paper is mostly white with a signature metallic finish, making it ideal for a wide range of images including white and flesh tones.
Note: When fine art prints are ordered without a frame, all paper prints include a 1″ white border to allow for future matting and framing.
Stretched canvas prints look beautiful with or without frames!
- Glossy Canvas Prints – With a glossy finish formula specially designed for pigmented inks, this canvas lovingly recreates the texture and reflectivity of oils on canvas. It also lends a fine art feel to photographs. Glossy Canvas has a slightly warm tone and is made from an acid-free poly/cotton blend.
- Matte Canvas Prints: The texture and weight of this canvas brings fine art reproductions one step closer to the originals, while the matte finish gives them a softness that invites attention. Matte Canvas has a bright white tone and is made from an acid-free poly/cotton blend.
Note: When canvas prints are ordered un-stretched or without a frame, all canvas prints include a 2.5″ white border to allow for future matting, framing, or stretching.
-Can I have my fine art prints framed, matted and ready-to-hang?
Yes, you can choose from a wide variety of frames. Options include different styles, colors and styles to fit your decor. Mats are also available as top and bottom mats. You can select different colors for each to create a sticking color scheme to match the fine art print and frame of your choice. Mats are also offered in different size widths.
-Does the watermark appear on the purchased prints?
No, the watermarks you see on the images will not appear on the final print product you purchase online and receive.
-How can I place an online order?
Select the perfect print, canvas or photo for your space. After you have selected your prints by searching through our Fine Art Galleries, simply select the options you want on the right side of the individual print and add to the cart. Shipping Charges, Sales Tax, and Promotional Discounts are Calculated at Checkout.
-How do I care for my purchased fine art prints?
Each print is inspected before it leaves our printing facilities and should last a lifetime. After your fine art prints arrive they should be treated with care. You should avoid hanging or placing your prints in direct sunlight, adding pressure on the surface of the print or big changes in temperatures and humidity. You can clean your canvas prints with a slightly dampened cloth using only slight pressure.
-Where do we ship?
We ship all over the world. We ship to over 240 different countries. If you can receive a package via UPS or FedEx, then we can ship to you!
-When will my fine art print ship?
Your order will go into production as soon as it’s placed. The delivery time will depend on two criterias: the manufacturing time and the shipping time.
Greeting cards ship with 1 – 2 business days after you place your order. Prints ship within 2 – 3 business days after you place your order. This time is required in order to print, assemble and package your order. This time is also necessary for the careful production process involved, which results in the finest of quality.
Depending on location and choice of print our experience has been that you will have the prints to you delivered within a week or less. Note – Prints, posters, framed prints, and stretched canvases require 2 – 3 business days to print, dry, and assemble – regardless of the selected shipping method. Greeting cards and phone cases ship within 1 business day.
An order placed on Monday would ship out on Tuesday. If you select overnight shipping, it would be delivered to you on Wednesday. If you select standard shipping, then standard UPS / FedEx delivery times would apply. Shipping times are estimates based on UPS / FedEx shipping schedules.
-I need my prints in a rush, do you offer rush shipping?
Yes, overnight shipping is available. Please note that the standard turnaround for printing, drying and assembling your prints still applies. The difference with overnight shipping is that you will receive your prints the next day after they ship.
-I would like to purchase prints as a gift, how do you handle that?
-I would like to order prints in bulk, can I get a discount?
Many of our fine art prints are purchased not only for home or office decor, but for business establishments such as; restaurant chains, hotels, office complex, doctors offices, hospitals, lawyers, architects, spas, manufacturers and many other professional outfits and businesses. You may contact us directly to inquire if you order qualifies for a discount.
-Will my fine art prints arrive safely and unharmed?
Our printers cut no corners when it comes to professionally packaging and securing your prints for shipment. Proper packaging highly reduces the risk of damage during transportation.
-What is your return policy?
Our return policy is very simple: If you’re not happy with a purchase that you make on our POD fulfillment outfit of choice FineArtAmerica.com, for any reason, you can return it to within 30 days of the order date. As soon as it arrives, we’ll issue a full refund for the entire purchase price. Please note – Fine Art America does not reimburse the outgoing or return shipping charges unless the return is due to a defect in quality.
-I have a question that has not been answered here, where can I get help?
You are welcome to contact us at anytime with any questions or comments you may have. We will be more than happy to answer any questions or provide you with further assistance you may need for your dine art wall art decorating requirements.